Transfer Admission Guarantees
Transfer Admission Agreements or Guarantees offer guaranteed university admission to California community college students that meet specific requirements. A TAA or TAG will secure a place at the campus specified in the agreement, as long as the student meets the required conditions.
Minimum General Requirements
- TAGs are usually submitted one year in advance
- 30 transferable units completed by the time the application is submitted
- A minimum G.P.A. of
- 2.0 for California State University or
- 3.0 or higher for University of California or
- 3.3 or higher for Santa Clara University
- CSU & UC require 60 transferable units be completed by the end of the spring semester for fall admission
Meet with a Mission College counselor for deadlines and the specific requirements of individual campuses and majors.
University of California
San Diego (The last available term for a student to be admitted to UC San Diego through TAG will be fall 2014)
UC TAG Application Workshops
- Tuesday, September 11th 9:30 – 10:30 am, E2-202
- Monday, September 17th 10:00 – 11:00 am, E2-202
Getting Started With UC TAG Workshops
Students planning to apply for a UC TAG in an upcoming academic year are encouraged to get an early start on completing the form. At these workshops a TAG counselor will assist students with the basics needed to get a successful start. Students will also review the campus-specific and major-specific requirements for TAG, so that they can ensure they have taken the proper courses to qualify for TAG at the university of their choice.
First Tuesday of every month at 11:00 am and 1:00 pm at the Transfer Center (Room E1-201).
- Tuesday, December 6th 1:00 – 1:30pm
- Tuesday, February 7th 11:00 – 11:30am
- Tuesday, February 7th 1:00 – 1:30pm
- Tuesday, March 6th 11:00 – 11:30am
- Tuesday, March 6th 1:00 – 1:30pm
- Tuesday, April 3rd 11:00 – 11:30am
- Tuesday, April 3rd 1:00 – 1:30pm
- Tuesday, May 1st 11:00 – 11:30am
- Tuesday, May 1st 1:00 – 1:30pm
California State Universities
CSU Monterey Bay
- Unofficial transcripts from other colleges or universities
Students that have attended campuses other than Mission or West Valley College need to submit unofficial transcripts from the other institutions to the Mission Counseling Office. It’s best to submit these documents prior to the appointment. The TAA contract cannot be completed without them.
- CSU Mentor Confirmation Page
CSU TAA deadline for Fall 2013 admission: November 30, 2012
Effective Fall 2012, Santa Clara University no longer offers a TAA program.
Golden Gate University