Topics covered include:
· The contract lifecycle from the buyer's and
· The scoping process related to design/bid/build
· How to prepare, respond to and evaluate bids and requests for proposals
· Outsourcing, strategic alliances, acquisitions and mergers
· Contract types and pricing mechanisms
· Contract negotiation strategies and tactics.
This course provides an overview of best practices in
contract management. It covers topics such as defining contract scope,
effective terms and conditions, choosing a contract type, selecting the
best contractor, and packaging change orders.
Time: Saturdays, November 3 and 17, 1 -
hours of coursework online between classes
Instructor: Chris Zilg
About the Instructor: Chris Zilg has over 25 years experience working for a variety of companies including Lam Research and California Lubricants. He has managed teams of people responsible for global materials management, SAP implementation, and project management and has purchasing expertise in MRP II, outsourcing, supplier selection evaluations and statistical analysis. Chris has an MBA from Golden Gate University and a Bachelor of Science in Business Administration/Economics from High Point University. Chris has also completed APICS classes for C.P.I.M. and has a Certificate of Purchasing Management (CPM) from Institute of Supply Management (ISM).
& Register Now